For more than 20 years, TSS, Inc has been part of the Ketchikan Community Health Fair, in keeping with our company’s mission to support the wellbeing of those who work and live in the communities we serve.
We are pleased to continue this annual tradition of inviting neighbors, clients and friends for health screenings from Monday, November 1 to Friday, November 12, 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at our Ketchikan location, 120 Carlanna Lake Rd. (The Health Fair will be closed Wednesday, November 11).
Each year, the Health Fair serves several hundred people. Usually, at least one customer walks away newly aware of a health issue they did not know about previously with essential guidance about next steps for getting the treatment they need. TSS offers various screening packages including women’s and men’s wellness packages, wellness packages that focus on Vitamin D, cholesterol, diabetes or the thyroid and other common areas of concern.
Why You Benefit
Regular health screenings are an important part of preventative care and may help individuals avoid significant medical costs later on.
- Catch health problems early, when they are easier to treat.
- Provide important information to help you stay healthy now and in the future.
- Reduce your risk of developing some types of cancer.
- Detect high blood pressure and high cholesterol, which can get you the treatment you need to reduce your chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Discover diabetes, which can help you better manage and control the disease and avoid complications.
They provide a valuable snapshot of what is going on in your body and what you may need to be paying attention to. Moreover, by relying heavily on community support and volunteers, Health Fairs typically keep the cost of bloodwork down and can save the donor up to 75% off regular pricing. Therefore, for some people, especially those who don’t have insurance, it provides access to medical contact that they may not be able to afford otherwise.
Before You Come
- Make an appointment with TSS. We want to ensure that all COVID protocols are in place for physical distancing and cleaning between customers so that everyone is safe.
- Do not come in if you are feeling sick.
- Pay attention to fasting requirements. Most packages require fasting, which means no food or drink with calories for up to 12 hours before testing. Check with us if you are in doubt about what your test requires.
Look for more information about screening options and costs on the TSS website or social media in the coming weeks. If you aren’t located in Ketchikan, consider contacting your local public health department or searching on the web for a health fair near you. These events offer an important, convenient and affordable way to take care of yourself.